We all know that specialty drug spend has escalated dramatically over the past decade—in fact, specialty can account for up to 50% of total pharmacy costs.
To add to the complexity of specialty pharmacy management, these patients are among the most complex and challenging to manage:
- Eight in 10 have more than one chronic condition
- Of those patients with more than one chronic condition, 50% of them are not adherent to therapy
- On average, these patients take eight separate medications concurrently
- Seven out of 10 report feelings of depression (which can be a significant barrier to adherence)
What are our specialty pharmacy services?
When a patient receives a specialty medication through Magellan Rx Pharmacy, a URAC and ACHC accredited specialty pharmacy, they receive the personalized support and care needed to successfully manage their condition to achieve better outcomes.
We do this by:
Clinical models that leverage more than 40 years of behavioral health experience and motivational interviewing techniques to drive behavior change and better adherence.
Powerful engagement strategies that deploy the latest technology—including on-demand educational videos, text message support, Digital Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (DCBT), and artificial intelligence—to improve outcomes.
One-on-one, individualized coaching from specially trained nurses (through our innovative MRx Cares program) gives patients the support they need to understand their therapy, manage side effects, and more.
Who can use our specialty pharmacy services?
- Employer Groups, TPAs, Unions
- Health Plans
Medicare Part D
Want to learn more about our specialty pharmacy services?
We’d love to share more. Contact us today!