As a leader in managing the rising cost of medical benefit drug spend, Magellan Rx has focused on advancing biosimilar utilization since 2015. We empower customers to turn biosimilar availability into cost savings while maintaining clinical quality. How do we do it? We build on the success of our comprehensive utilization management program to offer an expanded medical pharmacy solution that is designed to adapt to biosimilar approvals across any high-cost and complex disease category, including autoimmune and oncology.
We assess and develop clinical protocols while educating and communicating with network providers and hospitals through our team of highly-trained pharmacists
Medical Pharmacy Execution
We leverage 16+ years of innovative and industry-leading expertise by incorporating biosimilars into key utilization management programs such as medical prior authorization and provider reimbursement/fee schedule management, while keeping in mind each patient’s unique situation to maintain quality of care
We are continuously working to gain insights from our Expert Clinical Network of key opinion leaders and oncology advisory board
Learn more about our approach to biosimilar management
- The path to appropriate biosimilar management
- Fall 2020 MRx Report: Biosimilar Update
- Summer 2020 MRx Report: Oncology Biosimilars
- Traditional Drug to Biologic: A Change 10 Years in the Making
- Biosimilars & Their Impact on Medical Pharmacy Spend
- February 1, 2021: Magellan Rx Medical Pharmacy Solution Impact: 90% of New Authorizations for Oncology Biosimilars
- June 4, 2019: Magellan Rx Management Launches Oncology Biosimilar Medical Pharmacy Solution, Aims to Improve Member Access, Reduce Costs and Save Customers Millions in Drug Spend
- April 16, 2019: Magellan Rx Management Biosimilar Program Shifts Infliximab Utilization by 86% in First Year, Resulting in 34% Drug Cost Savings
- June 9, 2021: Magellan Rx Management Oncology Biosimilar Solution Delivers $40M+ in Annualized Savings for Early Adopter Health Plans
Interested in learning about our biosimilar management program? Get in touch with us today.