Specialty Pharmacy Management
As pioneers in this complex specialty environment, we have dedicated ourselves to effectively managing soaring specialty costs through solutions that solve the challenges that are truly driving specialty trend.
At Magellan Rx Management, we understand that the market looks at pharmacy trends as a gauge to measure success. But, do you know what most of these trend numbers are missing? One of the largest specialty cost drivers today – prescriptions drugs dispensed through the medical benefit.
We effectively manage specialty costs by uncovering the real trend drivers, identifying opportunities with data and driving results through proven solutions.
Medical Pharmacy Management
Through true coordination across all sites of service, we optimize appropriate use, adherence and cost management for this complex and rapidly growing portion of specialty drug spend.
- Integration of both the medical and pharmacy benefits with comprehensive, customizable solutions
- Programs designed to ensure drugs are being administered at the most clinically appropriate site of service as well as appropriately used
- Dedicated medical pharmacy team backed by clinical talent of over 150 nationally and world-renowned key opinion leaders
Specialty Formulary Management
With access to best-in-class national specialty formulary, we have a proven record of optimizing contracts for preferred, lowest net cost products across the top spend specialty classes.
- Active formulary management process that identifies and promotes usage of the most clinically appropriate, cost-effective products in a given class
- Includes specialty distribution, conversion program, and targeted clinical programs that amplify savings and formulary adherence
- Unique Medical Formulary Management offering that drives the management of medical drug classes with the same rigor as pharmacy drug classes
Magellan Rx Specialty Pharmacy
We help patients manage their complex conditions by making their treatments easier to understand.
- Specially-trained nurses, through our MRx Cares program, work one-on-one with patients to ensure they understand their therapy, help manage side effects, identify potential drug interactions, improve outcomes, and increase their overall quality of life
- On-demand educational videos, AI technology, and video calls further support positive patient behavior change, driving adherence and optimizing outcomes
- Our specialty pharmacy is accredited by URAC and ACHC, with dedicated pharmacists and nursing support
- We also provide access to community resources and patient financial assistance programs
Clinical Roots in Behavioral Health
With more than 40 years of behavioral health experience, we have a unique understanding of how to clinically manage the complex and continuously evolving specialty landscape. Our value-driven, customizable clinical solutions leverage motivational interviewing and powerful engagement strategies coupled with evidence-based research to drive positive and measurable results.