Magellan Rx Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
At Magellan Rx Management, we are taking the health implications of the coronavirus (COVID-19) very seriously. Our Business Continuity Management team is monitoring information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA), the individual state departments of health and other experts.
It is important to recognize that this situation is evolving daily, and we are prepared to follow federal and state guidance regarding the well-being and support of our customers, members, and Magellan team members.
At this point, Magellan Rx Management has activated our Business Continuity team and we are:
- Reviewing contingency plans to prevent disruption of access to needed medication(s)
- Working closely with all of our prescription drug supply chain partners to monitor for any potential disruptions
- Enacting strategies to address the needs of each of our customers to ensure access to medications for covered members
- Actively engaging our company’s work-at-home capabilities in an effort to promote social distancing
This is an unprecedented time and we appreciate your partnership and support while we execute these mitigation efforts, care for our employees and strive to deliver the best possible service to you and your members. We will continue to closely monitor conditions, make adjustments and keep you updated as needed.
To address the mental health and emotional well-being concerns of our nation’s first responders and healthcare workers, Magellan Healthcare has opened a hotline that will be answered by our certified, licensed mental health clinicians. Call 1-800-327-7451 (TTY 711) if you need to talk.
- How to help staff members during distress
- How to manage anxiety
- Information about coronavirus (COVID-19)
More resources from our partners at Magellan Healthcare:
- Information and links to help you handle crises of all kinds
- Resources for mental health awareness and information